STEP 1: PREPARATION
Tools: 1) Round Brush; 2) Hairdryer
1) Shampoo and conditioner (alcohol and sulfate free)
2) Deep conditioning hair mask
3) Thickening spray
4) Conditioning spray
5) Texturizing spray
6) Finishing / smoothing cream
STEP 2: WASH YOUR HAIR THOROUGHLY
- Preparation is essential to blowout your hair like a professional hairstylist. Wash your hair with an alcohol and sulfate free shampoo and conditioner
- Apply a deep conditioning hair mask to your hair for at least 10 minutes to re-nourish the hair and make it soft, silky, and manageable to style
STEP 3: PREP YOUR HAIR FOR 30 MINUTES — APPLY, APPLY, SPRAY
- Apply a thickening or volumizing spray to the roots of your hair and work into scalp allowing your hair to lift at the roots.
- Apply a leave in conditioner to the ends of your hair for that extra boost of moisture.
- Spray your hair with a texturizing spray before beginning to blow dry. Your hair will hold volume and texture with no sticky feeling.
STEP 4: BLOWY DRY UPSIDE DOWN
- Hairstylist blow dry hair until it is almost dry before beginning to style
- Prep your hair for styling by blow drying your hair upside down until it is about 70% dry
STEP 5: USE THE PULL & ROLL TECHNIQUE
- Blow out the hair with a round brush.
- Use the pull & roll technique in small sections throughout your whole head.
- Start with your hairbrush at the root of your hair, and tightly work it into the hair
- As you blow dry, slowly pull your hair brush toward the end of your hair, following along with the hair dryer.
- Once you reach the end of your hair, roll the hair brush toward the root and pull toward the end of your hair again.
- When blow drying, be sure to point the nozzle of the hair dryer downwardtoward the ends of your hair to dry hair smoothly and frizz-free.
STEP 6: DRY THE ROOTS WITH COLD AIR
- Let the hair cool by turning the hair dyer heat to cold and blasts the roots with cold air for a second or two before moving on to the next section of hair.
STEP 7: THE SIDES OF YOUR FACE
- Sometimes the hairs around your face are either a bit frizzy or not completely straight.
- Take your round brush and wrap it tightly around the hair away from your face.
- Pull hair tight – the tighter the hair is pulled, the straighter it will dry– as you blow dry these sections pointing away from your face.
STEP 8: FACE FRAMING PIECES
- To get the hair to lift naturally blow dry this section upside down.
- Brush the hair forward, tuck your round brush underneath
- Blow dry the section from the top, pointing downward.
STEP 9: APPLY FOR A JOB AT BLOW DRY EXPRESS
There is a lot of work and technique to create a great blowout – it’s all in the tools you use and the technique for blow drying.
With a lot of practice, you and you’ll be showing off your big, bouncy hair every day! If you become really good you can come work for Blow Dry Express!!